Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Everyday it Seems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating Everyday it Seems

Okay so after only ONE week into this neverending journey of repairing my credit the following has happened:

Currently disputing ALL CRs w/2 dups resulting in removal and +17 on EX
Sent 3 DV/SOL ltrs to friggin CAs via CCRMM(sp) and wtg for responses.
Joined the MYFico forum (best decision ever) and have gained immeasureable knowledge from some really great and supportive people
Can now dissect all 3 CRs from cover to cover
Got some stuff deleted resulting in +30 on TU (still need EQ scores)

That's not too bad after only one week!

SerenityBound....indeed!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Updating Everyday it Seems

Keep in mind that when you dispute baddies   ir removes from the scoring......IF you have not received notice from the CRA that they have been deleted they might reappear and score will drop.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy all the deletions so far are a result of the disputes.  Am I correct when say the deletions are coming from the creditors as a result of the CRAs initiating investigations and asking them to verify?

SerenityBound....indeed!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes and NO......Lets tak a dispute on a CC

You dispute....the CRA has 5 days to notify the TL......NOW  the TL  must answer the CRA within the 30 day period....... For scoring....the CL is removed from the scoring calculation (score may go up or down)  they can at any time in that time limit verify OR tell the CRA to delete.

IF the TL  does not answer within that time  the CRA will delete the TL themself.

BUT in order for you to know it was deleted & not just set aside as far as scores go, You MUST receive notice from the CRA that it has beed delete!!

The CRA will not say why it was deleted!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-04-2008 01:21 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

all true, but if you are monitoring your reports with a service of some kind then when something disappears then it has been deleted for whatever reason. When this happens you want to make a copy so if they try to reinsert later you can dispute it. what happy is saying is that if you are only seeing score increases, but you are not seeing the TL actually disappearing from your file then it has not been deleted yet, just removed from the scoring formula until it is verified or permanently deleted. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay it makes sense because I just reran another EX CR and it shows a TL that's $899 come out of the numbers but that particular CA with the debt is still on the report.

the ltrs were drafted on 2/18 and sent on 2/23.  I'm noticing TLs falling off but this is the first one that's "half-off".

I'm guessing I still have 2-3 weeks before I even begin to see responses from the CRAs so I will keep an eye out and in the meantime wait to see what kind of responses I'll get from my first set of DVs to the CAs.

SerenityBound....indeed!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.