Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upromise Card from Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upromise Card from Citi

Received my card from Upromise (Citi) today.  Called to ask if I had to register at Upromise.com for college savings in order to use this card for balance transfers only.  Credit rep said no.  I gave him my 3 balance transfers and registered this Citi account online.  Was a smooth transaction.  0% for 12 months and NO FEE!!  Instant approval online.   Citi pulled TU.  My score was 684 at the time of application.  $4,500.00 credit line.

SandyK
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jru577
New Contributor

Re: Upromise Card from Citi

nice! I was wondering about what score you needed for this card. I'm not there yet, but will be someday!

Enjoy the college savings!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:
Received my card from Upromise (Citi) today.  Called to ask if I had to register at Upromise.com for college savings in order to use this card for balance transfers only.  Credit rep said no.  I gave him my 3 balance transfers and registered this Citi account online.  Was a smooth transaction.  0% for 12 months and NO FEE!!  Instant approval online.   Citi pulled TU.  My score was 684 at the time of application.  $4,500.00 credit line.

SandyK

Go register that card at Upromise....you;'ll get the cash back kid or no!!!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

jru577,

Thanks. 

684 may not be the score needed to get this card.  I just did a cold application and was approved.  

SandyK
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy,

You are a breath of fresh air!  I will do that!!!  I thought I had to have a kid in college.  Smiley Happy

SandyK
Message 5 of 10
jru577
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Brammy,
You are a breath of fresh air! I will do that!!! I thought I had to have a kid in college. Smiley Happy
SandyK

Or - if you have student loans - you can apply some of the benefits to those Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

sankofa wrote:
Brammy,

You are a breath of fresh air!  I will do that!!!  I thought I had to have a kid in college.  Smiley Happy

SandyK

Nope, just register it, don't open a 529 and as soon as you get enough cash, request it.  You will have to pay taxes on anything you earn but you can also register all your credit cards and store cards suc as Publix and Winn Dixie.  They even give cash back when you shop at particular merchants using your registered card.

Takes a while to build anything but it IS FREE MONEY!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for enlightening me.  I have said it once, I'll say it again, You all are the greatest on this forum! 

SandyK
Message 8 of 10
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

I was brave and applied, not clear on what they pulled for CA - received the "contact you within 30 days" after further review.  Anyone get this?  Still hopeful for CCCU - they emailed and said they may be able to help with vehicle refis - emailed back the info on vehicles.  I think September is going to bring us better scores!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

golfmomfor3,

"Contact you in 30 days" is my usual reply from Citi.  Doesn't mean you are denied.  If you have any present cards with Citi, they may want you to do an allocation, meaning transfer some of your credit line to this Upromise card.  If not, I wouldn't sweat it.  Just wait for a reply.  Did Citi provide a number to call them?  Sometimes you can find out the next day if you're approved.

Good luck!!
SandyK
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.