cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ally Bank as a savings account..good or bad ?

tag
Isaiah2990
Contributor

Using Ally Bank as a savings account..good or bad ?

I'm considering opening up an online savings account with Ally..I currently have a savings account with my CU, but I would prefer to have it stashed somewhere else so I won't be tempted to spend it, I would have about $125 a paycheck go towards the savings account..does this seem like a good idea ?

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Ally Bank as a savings account..good or bad ?

Unjust opened a savings and checking with ally. They seem like a good bank to use!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I meant to say I just. My auto correction is horrible!
Message 3 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Isaiah2990 - I think it's a great idea!

I have an account with them.  It's so far out of the way I can't easily get to cash.  I don't do debit/cash cards.

Their interest rate is pretty good too.

Message 4 of 6
Isaiah2990
Contributor

@IOBA wrote:

I have an account with them.  It's so far out of the way I can't easily get to cash.  I don't do debit/cash cards.

Yeah I'm gonna gonna have about $150 a paycheck go to my savings..I decided to go with the money market account though..it's just like a savings but with a debit card..I won't use it, but just in case of emergencies.

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Message 5 of 6
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@Isaiah2990 wrote:

@IOBA wrote:

Yeah I'm gonna gonna have about $150 a paycheck go to my savings..I decided to go with the money market account though..it's just like a savings but with a debit card..I won't use it, but just in case of emergencies.

If your normal CU is not Alliant Credit Union and you're OK with a hard inquiry, I recommend Alliant. They have a better interest rate, a really greate website and awesome customer service.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.