cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using myFICO to dispute negative information

tag
needsrepair910

Using myFICO to dispute negative information

I just signed up for the Suze Orman kit.  I noticed when looking at my report you can have them send a letter to the credit reporting agency.  Does this work?  Or is it better for me to contact the original creditor myself?  Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am very new to this.  Thanks for any advice.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Using myFICO to dispute negative information

Hi...you might want to give a little more information on what type of information you want to dispute and why. That would help forum members give you more accurate advice.

For example, there's a big difference disputing incorrect name, address, etc. vs. disputing an account that is not yours or an amount you feel is incorrect.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Using myFICO to dispute negative information

It is not a stupid question at all, it is a great question!   I dont know what a third party filter can add to putting together a dispute, except to provide the proper statutory basis under which it is being made.  They dont know the facts.  Further, unless you legally contract with them to act on your behalf, they cant file a dispute as a third party.  FCRA disputes must come from the consumer or their legal agent. 

You can call and talk to an original creditor, but you cannot formally dispute directly with an original creditor.  It must be initiated through a CRA,

As has been suggested, just come on here and provide us the facts, and you will get all the advice you need on how to file your dispute.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-14-2009 07:55 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.