Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Util on formly authorized card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Util on formly authorized card

Hi - first off I wanted to say I love all the info that is on this board - I have learned so much.

Here is my situation: I was an authorized card holder on on of my parent's credit cards (I haven't used it in quite a while) at any rate - I asked my mom to remove me from the card (since the balance was 1700 out of a 2000 limit) - it is not reporting as " Account Relationship Terminated" on my credit report - but that balance is still showing and counting against my util % - and my parents have actually paid down quite a bit of that balance (so even the amount that is being reported is not correct). How can I either have this updated to show the payments they have made or get this account removed (my util is one of the biggest factors in my low score) - If I can have this account taken care of my util will drop about 25%

Thanks in advance for your help!
CAleb
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Util on formly authorized card

Just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this.

Thanks!
Caleb
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you know your parent has already removed your AU status on the credit card company's side, dispute the TL as "not mine" with the CRA's.
Message 3 of 4
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Having the same issue with Providian/Wamu. DH was an AU on my card (he never even used it) and my poor habits were reflecting negatively on him. I removed him as an AU and he disputed as "Not Mine". Did the same thing with a Cap1 account. Here is the difference, Cap1, completely deleted the info from his report. Wamu/Providian tagged him with a "terminated" I don't think the limit is figuring into his utilization. Going to dispute as "Not Mine" again and see what happens.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.