cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility Co is oral or open end contract?

tag
octavia
Regular Contributor

Utility Co is oral or open end contract?

I have a Harvard collection (OC Commonwealth Edison electricity) listed as "assigned" in 3/2003. 

As far as SOL, is this an oral or open end contract? In Illinois SOL for both are 5 years. I know that either way, I have one more year at least.

I was considering first calling ComEd for DOFD and then DVing Harvard Collection to see if by any chance I could get this collection removed.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utility Co is oral or open end contract?

I can tell you from experience that they will do a PFD. They accepted 50% on a $1080 bill I had with them from 2003. Harvard was actually pretty decent to me. They do not own the debt they just collect for COMED.
Message 2 of 5
octavia
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your response.

Did you pay Harvard or ComEd?  Did they delete the collection from your CR?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

octavia wrote:
Thanks for your response.

Did you pay Harvard or ComEd?  Did they delete the collection from your CR?

read this thread for newbies...it includes abbrevs.

Bam said in his post. harvard is a CA...he sent a PDF to them!  CA=collection agency.....PDF=paid for delete.    so it was deleted from his CR
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct Happy....I paid Harvard actually in their office when I went back to Chicago for a visit. It took a couple weeks before the collection was removed from all of my reports.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.