Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization @ 62%

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Utilization @ 62%

Just peeking over the fence after a 2006 CH 7 BK to see what I can do to move my FICO scores with 62% utilization. Before you say " Just pay off all your CC's & installment loans" here's the deal. I used to know the breakdown of the %'s that would move your score. For example; it used to be that if you could get from where I'm at to under 50%, scores would go up. This is the kind of info. I'm looking for, can anybody help?

Thanks

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Utilization @ 62%

Have it report at 1-9 % then completely pay it off immediately afterwards.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 2 of 7
jackg
Established Contributor

I'm aware of that, how do you think your post answers my question?

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

YMMV. YMMV because of buckets. For example on a clean report I paid down CCs and my score only moved slightly down to the 30-40% level from a high of 89%. Then most of my points came when I paid it down below 30% with most of the gains around 5% to 15%. On the flip side, someone with baddie in a dirty bucket might have util at a negative ranking at the #3 or #4 slot, or even not at all, so paying down util from 90% down to 10%, as an example, might result in very little gain, if any at all.

Message 4 of 7
jackg
Established Contributor

Thanks a lot, that's the info I'm looking for. By the time the BK falls off in 2016 I should have the utilization down to under 30% at least. I have no other negatives so I should be good to go in 3 years.

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 7
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@jackg wrote:

In the future, try not to be so dang rude.  You asked a question, I answered, just because it wasn't to your "liking" doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@jackg wrote:

In the future, try not to be so dang rude.  You asked a question, I answered, just because it wasn't to your "liking" doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

+1

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.