Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization ??

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Utilization ??

I have a credit card that will fall off my cr in November and I'm wondering if I can expect a significant increase in my FICOs when this happens.  The cc is old (of course) but it is still factoring into my revolving credit (it's not with a collection agency).

Also, I just found out last night that the cc that I am an AU on is over it's credit limit.  We ordered something with it over 7 months ago that was just charged and shipped. We will return it and get a refund since we already bought this item someplace else.  When we ordered originally, we were told it wasn't in stock, so we sent emails to cancel the purchase. Obviously, they did not!!  Anyhow, once this amount is credited back, the util will be under 10% again.  Will this give me an increase in util.?

I'm just wondering how many points are normal (or abnormal for these utilization issues).  I know can tel me exactly. I'm just asking people to share their experiences or thoughts on what might happen.

Right now I am anxious to get to the mid 600s in the next year (less if possible).  I am using my credit more wisely now and have had 2 of my 9 CAs deleted (only 2 ca's left are less than 2 years old).

Thanks!

EQ-454
TU-534
EX-552
(scores August 2007)
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Utilization ??

What is your utilizaiton now?  How many baddies are on your report and how many positive tradelines do you have?
Message 2 of 3
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Re: Utilization ??

SL,
I have a total of 7 baddies left. Three are medical and small amounts which I don't think I'll have a problem with pfds (if not they all fall off by 2/08).  The other 4 I'm not sure what's going to happen but only 2 of those are less than 2 years old.

By positive tl, do you include student loans.  If so, I have 3. Two cc (one I'm AU) and the one student loan.  My utilization today including the overage on the AU account that is about to be fixed and the cc I have that will fall off is like 215%!!  I am correct that student loans are included in util?

So, when all is said and done by November my utilization should be under 9% with 1 positive tl (since they will no longer count the au cc). 
FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.