Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERIZON ROCKS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VERIZON ROCKS!!!

Today I received my letter from Verizon.  I disputed a collection account and late pay for my final home phone number.  My hubby did not pay the bill and I was so upset  I have not missed a bill in 10+ years.

Verizon stated they will remove all negative information. 

I shouted when I read the letter.  THANK GOD!!!

Thank you everyone for the feedback and support!  I used a Goodwill letter from this very site and tweaked it to my specs and it worked!!!

My credit is not bad but it once was.  I was Bankrupt!!  I never thought I would have fair, good or even excellent credit.  But here I am.  With my AMEX platinum cards and approvals from everybody.

Keep hope alive.  You will find some valuable advice on this board. 

Brammy you Rock Sista!!!  Thanks for the ims,  you were so right!!!

Nicole
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VERIZON ROCKS!!!

Many congrats! I love to read these success stories. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Could you publish your GW letter on the forum? I, too, have a Verizon bill that I want removed that I forgot to pay after I moved, and then move three more times.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the letter I used, I found it on this site

your name and adress

date

Verizon Maryland Inc.This is the address on my credit report

PO Box 165018
Columbus, OH 43216-5018

To Whom It May Concern:

Account: ######- Telephone Number ########

I have been a Verizon customer since November 1999. I have enjoyed my experience with Verizon greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. Because of my exceptional payment history over the last several years, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. Also any mention of my account being referred to collections.

Unfortunately, we have signed a contract with Comcast for our phone service at the suggestion of my husband. Big mistake!  I am so dissatisfied with their service.  But I am in a contract for the next two years. I fully plan to sign up for Verizon once this expires. I should have NEVER canceled my awesome service. My husband pays our bills and failed to pay the final bill from Verizon. Once we realized our error we paid the bill immediately. 

I hope that Verizon will be willing to work with me on erasing these marks from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue.  With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Verizon has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend you to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why Verizon is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

your name

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Congrats, Cajun! your thread title is certainly eye-catching--a little different from what people usually post about Verizon. ;-)

By the way, for all of us trying GW's and being scolded by CSR's, THIS is what goodwill means in the business world--a long-term customer with a good payment record, with one problem payment, and the business looks at the big picture, instead of the one problem. Of course it's not illegal for them to remove a late, or anything else they they want to. Good job, Cajun (and good luck against the Gators this weekend!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hauling!

I was so upset about the this i knew it would kill my score.  I am happy they were willing to work with me.  I do plan to use them again. I have NEVER had a problem with Verizon.  I hope to change cell phone coverage after my sprint contract ends.  I have had nextel/sprint for 8 years. Service is horrible.

the goodwill letters are awesome!  I had never heard of them before. 

I should scan the letter from Verizon and post it. Again, they were awesome.

I will always think of them first when considering new service!  When a company shows "goodwill" I think they should be rewarded!  After all it was totally our fault!  The bill was never paid before it went to collections.

I hope we win against the Gators!  We better....LOL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.