cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VW auto paid and closed account keep reporting balance!

tag
Himo
Valued Member

VW auto paid and closed account keep reporting balance!

So I have vw auto account keeps reporting balance, even after it had been paid and closed. called vw 100 times, every time they had swore in that the updated it . I disputed it with the bueaus twice , they fixed , everything great , next month go mack to $13070 . Here is the thing , my score has not been effected by that it , wither has 0 balance or not . But I just want it to be accurate. Now what?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: VW auto paid and closed account keep reporting balance!

File a formal complaint with the CFPB since your disputes have failed.  They have admin enforcement over the FCRA, and either the creditor or CRA is not complying.

My guess is that the manual update being made and filed with the CRA is not being entered into the creditor's regular automatice monthly updating system, causing any correction to them be overwriten.

Message 2 of 6
Himo
Valued Member

Okay I will do that . Thanks
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a VW Credit loan still showing as "open" with 0 balance even though the car was totaled and the account was closed and sent to reconcilation. The reconciliation loan shows up as closed on my credit report, though. My only thought there is that the loan would still be active if the car wasn't totaled.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What RobertEG said 

Message 5 of 6
Himo
Valued Member

Yeah same here , ma car was totaled just 2 months after I got a it :-(
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.