cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score Nonsense

tag
SteveN91

Vantage Score Nonsense

I recently purchased my Vantage Score as well as the scores from the 3 reporting agencies. The 3 agencies place me at 791, 791, and 797 out of 850 putting me in the 98-99% category. Vantage score gave me 792 out of 950 placing me at the 59% category.  The Vantage score report text indicated that  "Your report does not show any bankcard accounts such as Visa or Mastercard" and "Your report shows you have too few credit accounts paid on time in recent months".

Clearly looking at the Experian report, it shows a Citigroup master card with a $20,000 limit and all bills paid on time for the last 10 years.

When questioning Experian about this they said the credit card did not show up because it is attached to a bonus miles  program.  (I get points for every dollar I spend using the card). When I asked them what that has to do with my creditworthiness they said that's the way the algorithms work and if I don't like it I can file file a complaint with my attorney general. 

This sounds idiotic and I hope Vantage Score buyers are aware of  this stupid and bogus reporting.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Vantage Score Nonsense

Welcome to the forums ! FAKO scores are frequently unpredictable and often move in opposite directions from FICO® scoring. Have you had a chance to pull a FICO® score yet ? The three scores you pulled from the CRA are also FAKO scores.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

On the Experian Credit report what is the loan type being reported as  IE credit card ,flexible spending account , charge card ?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 4
GregB
Valued Contributor

Actually the three scores you bought direct from the CRAs are less useful than the Vantage Score. The Vantage is actually used by a very, very, very small number of lenders while the scores you bought from the three CRAs are used by absolutely none.

It doesn't sound like you need to worry about your credit being good enough for most applications but if you want a really useful score, buy your EQ FICO here. The TU FICO here is worth less than that but still far more than a Vantage Score.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.