Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score Phooey!!

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Vantage Score Phooey!!

I had to chuckle at this and AGAIN throw out a reminder to new folks that FAKO scores are just that......................... fake.

I have a TCL of 22K and have been using all  7 revolving trade lines (I dont have any other types because Im deployed, everything is paid for) regularly and PIF all of them before they have a chance to report.

I thought I should go ahead and let one of them report every now and again and PIF before it incures interest now and then.

I let $86 report for one, and got disadVANTAGEd for 20 points for my trouble on all three bureaus.......

Moral of the story? Pay no attention to the man behind the FAKO curtain Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage Score Phooey!!

Vantage Scores IMO are the worst out there.

On a more serious note, THANK YOU for protecting our Country minimock!!!!

Keep Safe and I hope you get home to your Family soon!

Message 2 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Sorry if I put this post in the wrong place, I just figured the post was based on CC reporting only as thats the only kind of credit I have.....

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@minimock wrote:

... using all  7 revolving trade lines (I dont have any other types because Im deployed, everything is paid for) regularly and PIF all of them before they have a chance to report.

I thought I should go ahead and let one of them report every now and again and PIF before it incures interest now and then.

I let $86 report for one, and got disadVANTAGEd for 20 points for my trouble on all three bureaus.......

Which you are saying ZERO statement balance on all 7 ccs always.

Then, suddenly ... you let Statement Balance of $86 report on one of your ccs and your score went down 20 pts.   That's why.

Q:  Have you get FICO score and compared those two?  

Here is my case ... I normally keep the balance on the statement on my three ccs out of nine.  One time, I carried $1.09 (RedBox rental) balance on forth one.  Then, my score went down 15 pts. 

Advise ... IMO ... you should keep letting the balance report on at least 1~2 ccs with small statement balance always instead ZERO on all 7 ccs.

Message 4 of 6
minimock
Frequent Contributor

You assume correctly, just out of curiosity I pulled my Transunion fico and it went up 2 points.

There is no method to the madness, beyond the fact to reinforce that FAKO's are just that.......FAKE!

Message 5 of 6
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yes they're all crap..but they are quick to point out that they exist for educational purposes only not a true indication of one's actual FICO score..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.