Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage Score

Is this my true fico score or another fako?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage Score

it's not even a fako it's  whole diffrent animal, it score I remember it starts at 501 goes to something
like 951

I read it was created by big 3 CRA to get away from buying FICO's cut out the middle man

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 07-17-2007 06:03 PM
Message 2 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

myhearts07 wrote:
Is this my true fico score or another fako?

Here's more info. Also, your score can be purchased at EXs website for $5.95.

Message 3 of 28
jru577
New Contributor

The Vantage score is completely different. Supposedly it's "easier" for us consumers to understand, but it's really useless. No lenders, banks or CCCs even use this score so I say it's not worth it.
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did purchase the vantage score from Experian, twice.  Why are these companies allowed to offer us these scores if they are not going to be accurate or even help us?
Message 5 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus
Message 6 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Evidently there are a handful of lenders who use vantage but I don't know of one.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

it appears  that Util and balances owed is 6% more important to Vantage then payment history

"Well he's not paying, but his Util and balances are good" lol

Although breaking up Util and Balances does make it clearer that it better to spread out debt than having it in all one place, but the sum of the two shouldn't be more than payment history, after all that is the one "factor" that affects the bottomline
Message 8 of 28
fused
Moderator Emeritus

rbbyrbsn wrote:

it appears  that Util and balances owed is 6% more important to Vantage then payment history

"Well he's not paying, but his Util and balances are good" lol

Although breaking up Util and Balances does make it clearer that it better to spread out debt than having it in all one place, but the sum of the two shouldn't be more than payment history, after all that is the one "factor" that affects the bottomline

I'm not sure what you are saying!Smiley Happy

FICO%'s

-35% affects Payment History, -30% affects Utilization

Vantage%'s

-32% affects Payment History, -23% affects Utilization

The wildcard is Vantages Scoring's -15% for balances, what balances? I cannot believe it's installment TLs.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

23+ 15=38%  payment history is only 32%

I think that vantage broke up util and balances so that had 2K debt among two accounts would have a higher score than a person with 2K debt on a single account
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.