Regular Contributor
CreditHawk

Vantage score vs FICO score: how does YOURS compare?

I have a current TransUnion FICO score of 585. I learned today that my TransUnion "Vantage" score is 626. I'm wondering... would a 626 Vantage score put me in a better risk category with a lender if they used the Vantage product?

Also, I'm wondering if anybody out there has obtained their Vantage scores from the bureaus and how they compare with FICO and where the Vantage score puts you with potential creditors?

Bring on the feedback!
powerup

Re: Vantage score vs FICO score: how does YOURS compare?

I would search Vantage in the search bar above it will bring up a bunch information about the scoring system. I don't know if you would have a better advantage with the Vantage than FICO because Vantage scoring model starts at 501. FICO is much lower.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+