Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage score went down! Collections Deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage score went down! Collections Deleted

So I had 2 Portfolio Recovery Collections both from Capital one Charges off. I finally gave up on disputing them and decided to send one letter asking for a settlement. I did not hear back and come Monday, I see them removed from Credit Karma, equifax, Wallet hub, experian, nerd wallet and all the free credit report sites. 

But the scores went down about 30 points. My fico on experian stayed the same. Just wondering if Fico is affected or not and why vantage would go down so much. I did apply 2 times for credit. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage score went down! Collections Deleted

I would say it's because you applied twice for credit.  The removal of a negative item is not going to drop your scores under any scoring model IMO.  There's of course a slight chance of rebucketing, but I still don't think that's the case here.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? applying for credit will lower it 30 points? Wow. That sounds so unfair. thank you for your answer.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? applying for credit will lower it 30 points? Wow. That sounds so unfair. thank you for your answer.

First off, don't be concerned with CreditKarma scores. Worry about your FICO scores. Your FICO score most likely will not increase with the collection(s) falling off if you have other collections, chargeoffs, or lates present.

Portfolio could put those collections right back on their in a New York second.. (I hope they don't)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you think they removed them? For no reason?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you think they removed them? For no reason?

Sometimes PRA like to play little reindeer games to make you think they went bye bye and then they put them right back on their to get your attention so you will pay them. Which you should if you created the debt and you know for a fact it's yours.   Especially when you dispute, they will pull them down and then update. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's possible it affected your credit age.  How Old were these accounts?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The accounts were origonally first deliquency 2012. Portofolio opened it in 2013. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.