Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Varying same bureau credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Varying same bureau credit reports?

So I understand the difference between FAKO and FICO, and the various FICO models, etc. What I don't get is why same bureau reports would differ. For example, my TU report through MyFico doesn't show my auto loan, my TU report through TU's online membership doesn't show auto loan but does show about 22 inqueries over 2 years, my TU report requested by mail from TU shows the auto loan and 5 inquiries. So three reports, same time, same bureau, all paid no freebie stuff, all different. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance. I've learned so much from this forum already.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Varying same bureau credit reports?

A few questions:

You mention that all three reports were pulled at the same time.  How close to the same time?  All on the same day?  If not, by how many days did they differ?

It's puzzling that the auto loan appears on only two of the three.  Is the loan recent?  If the loan is recent and the reports were pulled on different days, then it might not have yet arrived on the TU report at the time that one was pulled.  Also possible, if it is old, it may have fallen off the report in between the three reports being pulled.

As far as inquiries go, two possibilities:

(1) When you say that one report shows 22, is it possible that you are counting hard and soft together?

(2)  Is the report showing only 5 perhaps only showing inquiries with a FICO impact?  That would be inquiries in the last 365 days.  Whereas the 22 inquiry report might be revealing that, in the period of 13-24 months, you had many more inquiries.

Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

May not be normal but it happens.  The most accurate and thorough should be a paper report directly from the CRA.  If you're getting your report indirectly -- i.e. via a monitoring service -- then there is the potential for data issues.  Whatever the CRA has is the official record.  Not sure why you're getting what you're getting but it sounds like you need to sort it out with the CRA.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those curious I was able to sort it out yesterday. Apparently I had two files with Transunion. One under my legal name and another under my middle and last name. The rep said they would merge them and send me a corrected report. We shall see. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.