Did you mean: 

Venting here...

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venting here...

@Chris679 wrote:

@tufa4311 wrote:

First and foremost, why is my "reply" not being conncted to the post I am commenting on?? Smiley Happy

Next, we've gotten a bit lost here: "if they can pull my U.S. Fico scores from there, then they surely can pull his Canadian Fico scores from here."

The point was not if they can pull US scores from there - if you have a computer and internet access you can pull your US scores from Indonesia if you wanted. The point is did Canada have reporting and FICO scoring and was that reporting and scoring based on your credit history in that country.

You can quote the post you are replying to as long as you are not using the mobile version. If I'm on my phone I just switch to full version real quick. 

+1.  The posts are sorted in chronological order... even as a moderator it's hard for me to tell which is a reply to what unless I move posts in which case I can follow the chain.   It's not the best implementation on that count I agree, others communities like slashdot and reddit have had a heirarchical sort option.

        
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I *wish* they would pull Canadian FICO scores in the US. If they would do that I would not be rebuilding credit, I would be benefiting from my dozen or so Canadian credit cards which I have always paid in full, and my nearly paid off Canadian mortgage. Instead US creditors just look at my limited US credit history and decline me.

Yes Canada has credit reporting, and it is the same three agencies as here in the US, but they refuse to link the Canadian and US side of my credit report.

Some lenders may pull a Canadian credit record, but that is something they have to do special, and most won't or don't even know how.

Message 22 of 25
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I *wish* they would pull Canadian FICO scores in the US. If they would do that I would not be rebuilding credit, I would be benefiting from my dozen or so Canadian credit cards which I have always paid in full, and my nearly paid off Canadian mortgage. Instead US creditors just look at my limited US credit history and decline me.

Yes Canada has credit reporting, and it is the same three agencies as here in the US, but they refuse to link the Canadian and US side of my credit report.

Some lenders may pull a Canadian credit record, but that is something they have to do special, and most won't or don't even know how.

Most lenders pull reports and scores via electronic interface... and the libraries they get from the CRA's are US dataset specific.  They'd have to go out of their way to get a Canadian pull setup and you're right, most wouldn't know how unless they built it into their application stack which is unlikely.

You might think we'd have tighter financial integration with Canada, but pretty much the only typical rationale I've seen is an American dumping their money in a Canadian bank as a currency hedge, which of course US banks and others frown upon so it doesn't get much press.

        
Message 23 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@patchespuppy wrote:

How is it that I have lived here all my life...paid on time...didn't abuse credit and I got a card from the same bank as my hubby but his credit limit is almost double mine.  His credentials...from Canada...no credit experience here....has debt already.

Why the difference?

How do your reports compare?

Message 24 of 25
patchespuppy

I may have been misunderstood when I spoke about Canada not doing FICO scores.   Canada does their own internal scoring and US does not always either pull or inquire about someone here who is from Canada. 

As for hubby and Canada...yes he had credit there..good credit...but so did I here.  I also agree it could have been a fluke, more generous UW, a twist of fate.  What bothers me more is he has graduated from being favored to even more favored.  He now has the "best" card they offer while I have the "satisfactory" one.  Weird thing is all cards are paid in full with no lates and now I make 3 times what he does and I still get the schlepping. 

Never will understand either the FICO scoring nor the banking train of thought...sigh!!!

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.