Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified by Visa? Huh?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verified by Visa? Huh?

Just did a little shopping through the eBates portal with my eBates card. After I hit the place order button it popped up with a Verified by Visa screen asking for a bunch more info; birth date, last four of ss, zip code, etc. I'm not exactly sure how this program works, but I thought I had to enroll for this to happen. I have not enrolled any of my cards. Can card issuers enroll us without permission?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verified by Visa? Huh?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just did a little shopping through the eBates portal with my eBates card. After I hit the place order button it popped up with a Verified by Visa screen asking for a bunch more info; birth date, last four of ss, zip code, etc. I'm not exactly sure how this program works, but I thought I had to enroll for this to happen. I have not enrolled any of my cards. Can card issuers enroll us without permission?

Pretty sure you have to enroll yourself.  Maybe a night of drolling (drunken enrolling)?  Maybe you signed up for night classes as well Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty sure you have to enroll yourself.  Maybe a night of drolling (drunken enrolling)?  Maybe you signed up for night classes as well Smiley Tongue

In my younger days that would have been a very real possibility, but I quit drinking a long time ago.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found an article from somebody who ran in to the same thing. The first screen shot he has is exactly what I ran in to. But I didn't get the password creation page.

http://bradymower.com/verified-by-visa-lameness

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.