Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Account still open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Account still open

Hello all, I recently pulled my FICOs and noticed that an old account from Verizon Wireless is still open. The story is long and boring but the account was sent to collections but on my report it says that it was still open. Is this normal for chargeoffs and such? Verizon won't take it off the report or send a letter regarding it but I'm not sure if it would be any good anyway. Any help if appreciated. Thanks! (BTW, that account should be closed as it was paid off and I no longer use it) -A

Message Edited by ajg on 02-12-2008 09:17 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NMW2008
Established Member

Re: Verizon Account still open

Bump
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Account still open

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I recently pulled my FICOs and noticed that an old account from Verizon Wireless is still open. The story is long and boring but the account was sent to collections but on my report it says that it was still open. Is this normal for chargeoffs and such? Verizon won't take it off the report or send a letter regarding it but I'm not sure if it would be any good anyway. Any help if appreciated. Thanks! (BTW, that account should be closed as it was paid off and I no longer use it) -A

Message Edited by ajg on 02-12-2008 09:17 AM

What was the date of delinquency? If it's been over 7.75 years since the DOFD, it should come off. Dispute it as "obsolete" with the CRAs.

Otherwise, it stays on until the drop off date ... though I've heard of a few cases where they fall off a bit sooner.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.