Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

ive been getting back different answers from reps in store, other mobile stores and chat reps from verizon.      i google it and all the stories i read about hard checks are 2 years old.  so ill ask here.   is it a hard check or soft check?? 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon Hard Check or Soft Check??

Hard Pull.
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely a hard pull.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.  i literally asked a verizon rep yesterday.  they said soft.  asked a rep on chat thru the verizon website   they said soft.    asked another online rep  they said hard check.        do you guys know who they pull?  i checked yesterday and it hasnt popped up on my report.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks.  i literally asked a verizon rep yesterday.  they said soft.  asked a rep on chat thru the verizon website   they said soft.    asked another online rep  they said hard check.        do you guys know who they pull?  i checked yesterday and it hasnt popped up on my report.

It showed up on my Equifax report.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

i checked at the verizon store yesterday and hasnt showed up yet.         when i went to the best buy store  it said i had to check again which i did, but this time it wasnt allowed and it gave a number.   pretty much i had to call and verify who i was.   ( does that count as a pull??)

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i checked at the verizon store yesterday and hasnt showed up yet.         when i went to the best buy store  it said i had to check again which i did, but this time it wasnt allowed and it gave a number.   pretty much i had to call and verify who i was.   ( does that count as a pull??)

That's what I did when I got my iPhone back in January. It didn't show as an inquiry until a couple of weeks.

Who knows, tho? Perhaps they changed it in the last nine months?

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

asked a rep on chat thru the verizon website   they said soft.  

Couldn't you screen shot that and then if it does end up being a hard pull..... dispute it under the reason that you were promised it was a soft pull?

Message 8 of 22
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

There might be a difference if it's your first line with them vs subsequent lines/just adding a phone. It was a HP for me to open my very first (two) line(s) of service (ever) with them.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

There might be a difference if it's your first line with them vs subsequent lines/just adding a phone. It was a HP for me to open my very first (two) line(s) of service (ever) with them.

+1

Excellent point.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.