Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Hardpull?

tag
alkaline
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon Hardpull?

I have AT&T U-Verse in the southeast US and they hard pulled EQ when I signed up for service. I transferred a line to my name on the same day and AT&T Wireless hard pulled EQ too, haha.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah what's funny is if you go to a store to get service and they hardpull you, if you decide you don't want it yet but go get it like a few days later then if the rep doesn't know you already are good to go they hardpull again lol. so dumb
Message 12 of 17
alkaline
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah what's funny is if you go to a store to get service and they hardpull you, if you decide you don't want it yet but go get it like a few days later then if the rep doesn't know you already are good to go they hardpull again lol. so dumb

Speaking of reps.. I had a T-Mobile rep come into my old place of work to get us to switch... I wanted to see what it would cost me just for fun. I asked her if it would be a soft pull or a hard pull and she said soft pull. It sounded like she definitely knew what she was talking about so I let her do her thing... T-Mobile hard pull popped up on EX! I sent them a letter about it and they had it removed but it was still a very annoying situation.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it's always hardpull. i work at t-mobile. she may have lied for a sale idk.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always been a little confused as to why people are surprised when cable/cell/utility companies pull their credit when they apply for service.

Why is this surprising? Most of the time they are extending hundreds, possibly even thousands of dollars worth of business and/or equipment to customers.

It would be a bad business move to not research a customers credit before they applied for service. I know it might not seem like it, as most of us are trying to get these services for legitimate/honest reasons; but there is a lot of fraud going on when it comes to this sort of thing. They need to protect themselves the best they can. I say this because I have worked for multiple cell phone and cable companies and came across it daily.

Both hard pulls for me when I applied for AT&T cell phone and Comcast cable. And I work for Comcast currently.

Because of this forum though, I now warn people about the hard pull before I set up their account. A worrying amount of people ask me what a 'hard pull' is, but I do get someone every now and then that gets a little upset. And most of the time there should be no worrying if they are not planning to obtain a mortgage in the next few years...

EDIT: Thank you @

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

^
Very true. A year ago I switched my Verizon bill from DW's name too mine resulting in a HP. Today I signed up with Comcast and can only assume it also resulted in a HP. Some companies go as far as charging a deposit if your credit scores poorly.

I think often times people forget goods and services are also a form of credit.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a tip guys. If you are able to part with some cash that is.

You can do this with Comcast, I am not sure about other companies though.

If you don't give them your SSN they cannot pull your credit, resulting in an automatic $50 deposit per service.

So for example if you wanted cable, internet and phone it would be a $150 deposit fully refunded in 12 months.

So if you only wanted internet, $50 isn't too much of a hit; plus they don't HP you and you'll never have your SSN in their system.

Worth it in my opinion, plus I know I would forget about the deposit so it would be a nice little surprise a year later!

Also resulting in less worried MyFico forum posts about how these companies HP'ed you Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.