cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon - Pay OC or CA? Need to make decision asap.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon - Pay OC or CA? Need to make decision asap.

I have an old Verizon bill for around $600. They charged me the rest of my contract when I moved to an area they didn't service. They were supposed to put me on an "easy move" shutoff, but it didn't work out that way. At this time I'm not concerned about that but want to get my credit reports cleared up. Right now, Verizon is showing this on all 3 reports as a charge off. I received a letter from Allied Interstate offering to allow me to settle for 65% (of course they added their collection costs). It comes to $550 to settle. Allied isn't reporting this yet. What should I do? I didn't have funds to handle this earlier, but now do. I'm worried that if I pay Allied, they will still report this to my credit. Do I call Verizon and pay this ASAP so Allied won't have anything to report and then deal with Verizon at a later time with a Goodwill letter? I really think I could get somewhere as they can easily see I moved into a non-serviceable area. I know I should not have waited on this, but I did. I need to take care of this asap. Any advice would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon - Pay OC or CA? Need to make decision asap.

First I would check to see if your state has a law to protect you. My state has laws on things that you wouldn't think of,  I use to have DSL which you couldn't get in parts of the state...if I moved there I would not need to pay for ending my contract in advance. They also have stuff about cell phones.

What is the DOFD and DOLA on this....it would be more accurate if verizon is on your CR.

Also what is your SOL?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-22-2008 06:34 PM
Message 2 of 3
rred4
Regular Contributor

Re: Verizon - Pay OC or CA? Need to make decision asap.

This happened to me a long time ago with sprint and just 4 months ago with T-Mobile.  I went to TMobile and paid the bill, called CB and said I paid before it went to collections.  This worked with both, and they got deleted.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 750(EQ) 746(TU)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.