Established Member
detdime83

Verizon Settlement Offer! What should I do?

I had an account with Verizon Wireless from 2002-2005. The account was charged-off 2005 ($1163.66). Just contacted them regarding a PFD. They advised that they couldnt do that but if I settle the account ($700) in 14 days they would update as Closed/Paid in Full. Also, stated no settlement info will be reported. Will this action have a positive effect on my fico
?  I heard settlements are not too good, so just a little weary.

Help

Starting Score: 493
Current Score: 493
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
cobra19

Re: Verizon Settlement Offer! What should I do?

83.......I am sure folks more knowledgable than I will respond to you. But, one thing I do know for sure..............GET IT IN WRITING.

Ask them if they could delete the account when paid.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Established Contributor
scramblingin2007

detdime83 wrote:
I had an account with Verizon Wireless from 2002-2005. The account was charged-off 2005 ($1163.66). Just contacted them regarding a PFD. They advised that they couldnt do that but if I settle the account ($700) in 14 days they would update as Closed/Paid in Full. Also, stated no settlement info will be reported. Will this action have a positive effect on my fico
?  I heard settlements are not too good, so just a little weary.

Help

This will NOT have a positive effect on fico, fico doesnt care that it is paid. it will stick with you until it falls off report. send another PFD.
Regular Contributor
VLGaffEsq

I agree with the other replies; counteroffer to settle, BUT only if they will agree to remove this item from your credit report, and GET IT IN WRITING.  Don't give up; be persistent!
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

you can send them a PFD  and offer the amount that you decide or the $500. They will mail you a letter on their letterhead!!!  check all wording as if not correct and you pay   thats it. Then you have to start sending GW letters & hope that they accept.
Established Contributor
Badcreditguy

I once used a restrictive endorsement on a check once with verizon...they cashed it 2 months later deleted

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+