Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon response -- what to do?

tag
Minnie
Contributor

Verizon response -- what to do?

I received this in response to a letter I sent to Verizon asking them to provide proof of accounts (already verified by CRAs):

Dear ___________,

I am in receipt of a letter you sent dated January 30, 2008, regarding 2 accounts that are appearing on your credit [sic] without Verizon account numbers. I tried researching those accounts using your name, but found nothing. I was unable to search with your social security number because it wasn't provided, Please call our credit reporting dispute department on [sic] 1-877-325-5156 between the hours of 8:00A to 6:00P Monday through Friday and provide them with additional information for further investigation to locate this [sic] accounts. (It is signed by an individual)

What do you think? Why should I call them to provide more info so that they can say I owe them money? Shouldn't they delete at this point? What is my next step? Thanks all for help!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon response -- what to do?

Did you include the account numbers from your CR (even the partial)?

A long as it's an OC - it's oaky to call (their collection area was pretty nasty with me when I called in response to their letter -  and told me I was being sent to I C System -  I then learned of asking for an investigation (send to President (or his assistant) of the LOCAL office).
Message 2 of 4
Minnie
Contributor

I hear you...but my point is this: if they can't even confirm that I have accounts with them, why are they reporting me to the credit bureaus, and why did my DVs come back as verified?? I called them once as well..they guy said they had no record of me having any kind of account with them. I want to use their cluelessness to get this stuff deleted.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you DV or did you dispute with the CRAs?  The two are very different.  IMO, unless you have the back-up documents - a dispute to the CRA is worthless.  Some have had success disputing - mine all verified and then 2 were later removed because I DV'd and asked for an investigation.

The CRAs code you dispute reason - it's a 2 digit code.  IMO there is never any checking of the actual records - only the ones they reported (assumption by the creditor they reported accurately).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.