Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon sold debt to CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon sold debt to CA

I've have been dealing with Verizon for about 6 months on an old debt of $59 from Novemeber of 2005. The issue is that Verizon keeps reporting the debt as derogatory: either a 120 days delinquent or as a charge-off. However, after I called Verizon to try and clarify what the debt was about, they told me that the debt was sold to National Enterprise Systems. I have never heard of this CA before nor are they on my CR's.

Now how is it that Verizon keeps reporting on this debt from month to month and yet they said they sold the debt to the CA. The CSR at Verizon said I had to deal with the CA in order to pay the debt and that the CA would then update my CR. I don't get it. How can the CA update my CR if they have never reported to the CRA's.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon sold debt to CA

eknock007 wrote:
I've have been dealing with Verizon for about 6 months on an old debt of $59 from Novemeber of 2005. The issue is that Verizon keeps reporting the debt as derogatory: either a 120 days delinquent or as a charge-off. However, after I called Verizon to try and clarify what the debt was about, they told me that the debt was sold to National Enterprise Systems. I have never heard of this CA before nor are they on my CR's.

Now how is it that Verizon keeps reporting on this debt from month to month and yet they said they sold the debt to the CA. The CSR at Verizon said I had to deal with the CA in order to pay the debt and that the CA would then update my CR. I don't get it. How can the CA update my CR if they have never reported to the CRA's.

As an OC  Verizon has the right to report a CO up until the 7 years.......even if they assigned it to a CA or sold the debt.

If it is assigned to a CA and you pay them....they report to the OC that it was paid......  BOTH can report at the same time!!!!

The CA might not have started reporting yet.....they should call or write you first. BUT  they ususlly just appear on your CR.

If you feel that this debt is NOT yours or that the amount or something is not correct....dispute it!

IF it comes back verified....then send Verizon the OC letter  CMRRR
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.