Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Verizon

I am shopping for internet - cable - phone provider.

Called Verizon, asked to provide my SSN, refused, asked to provide my name, provided. Asked for quote thanked a rep for info and finished converstaion.

A few hours latter checked my Credit Secure and lo and behold, hard pull on EQ by Verizon. I was mad, I was so mad, to pull hard for asking how much your services cost? WTF.

On the spot disputed inq. with EQ (on-line) as non authorised.

Called Verizon and asked rep why they pull hard for asking their prices. A rep tried to convience me:

1. They can not pull without SSN

2. If they pull, they pull soft.

Obviously, rep had no idea what she was talking about, escalated to supervisor. Supervisor tried to explain me the same, asked him fax # to fax over report, he provided. Faxed over non PP letter, demanding to delete inq within 1 business day, otherwise they are liable for non PP inq. 

3 hours latter pulled my CCT - no inq.

2 days latter got e-mail from EQ that inq deleted.

Problems:

1.To file dispute with EQ I had to provide report #. I pulled from myfico.com, but there is no report #, called myfico customer service, was given some useless phone #, supposedly of EQ (but no answeres this phone #) and 10% promcode (there is no problem to find 20% promocode).

Thanks G-d, my JCP constantly denies my requests for cli, so I always have  EQ backdoor ticket.

2. CSR's have no idea what they talk about, never rely on CSR's information.

Conclusion:

1. For first time, G-d bless GEMB for denying my requests for CLI. I am going to keep JCP (was about to close all 3 my GEMB accounts)

2. I am not giving my name, while doing phone shopping.

3. Myfico.com could be more knowlegable.

4. Online dispute with EQ was painless.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Verizon

yeah I was shopiing onoline for Verizon fios and they asked for name and address only to see if its avail at my place and low and behold they did a HARD pull.

I had to call six ways from sunday @ verizon for them to take it off . 800 837 4966 verizon credit  . Thats after 7 transfers.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah I was shopiing onoline for Verizon fios and they asked for name and address only to see if its avail at my place and low and behold they did a HARD pull.

@I had to call six ways from sunday @ verizon for them to take it off . 800 837 4966 verizon credit  . Thats after 7 transfers.

is hard pull a must when you sign up for service?
Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

To file dispute with EQ I had to provide report #. I pulled from myfico.com, but there is no report #,

IIRC they're looking for a report number from a report pulled directly from EQ.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you apply for service.. they told me yes in general unless you are already a verizon customer.. i was only shopping prices and availibility at my address.

They said they will take it off

Message 5 of 6
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Applying for service is definitely a hard pull with them (pulled EQ for me as well, about a year and a half ago).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.