Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail message regarding PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail message regarding PFD

Can I get some feedback on the letter I am thinking of sending? It's sort of a "Reconsider the PFD" and "DV" all in one.

Thanks in advance!!

To Whom it May Concern:

I recently contacted you regarding an account that I found on my Equifax credit report. The debt in the amount of $49.00 has all but the last four digits of the account number listed xxxx. Because this debt is something that I neither recognize nor recall, I offered, in the spirit of compromise payment in full by certified funds in the amount of $49.00 for the complete deletion of this account from all three credit reporting agencies (TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax).

I once more beseech you to consider this as a viable option. The terms outlined once more are upon receipt of the payment in full, "agency" agrees to delete ALL information regarding this account from the credit reporting agencies WITHIN TEN CALENDAR (10) DAYS following receipt of payment as specified above and will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone, excluding your client on this account. If contacted by any third party, including credit-reporting agencies, Collection Agency will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted or executed and will, in fact, deny knowledge of any such account. If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms as the above settlement offer and have it signed by an authorized representative of agency.

If these terms are not acceptable, I respectfully request that all future correspondence be done in writing. I also request full debt verification as I my right under the FDCPA. Please provide to me complete payment history, agreement that bears my signature as the alleged debtor wherein I agreed to pay the original creditor, letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation with the above mentioned requests.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks good to me, I also plan on sending out a few PFD's instead of doing the DV's first. They are for full payment so I would think they would say yes.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the DOFD  DOLA  SOL     they are barfbags!!!!!

Send them a DV  make them work for any money..................CMRRR
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several reason to send a DV  before a PFD

The DV is for your protection not theirs!!!   Are they licensed in your state if your state law says they must be......if not they can not legally collect.

Were the assigned the debt or did they buy it?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I followed the advice given and have sent a DV to them!

Hopefully I'll have an update from the company soon!
Message 15 of 16
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

i wish you the best,and hopefully you will hear a good news from them . Smiley Happy

FICO SCORE AS 03-15-2008   EXP 684, EQ 620,and TU ???
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.