Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU Scores

Any input from anyone will help.

My three scores have gone up while my WAMU score went down????? Anyone had this experience and if so why does this happen?  Been very had to raise scores and the most important one goes down what's up with That?

TU  672  EQ 647  EX 652

While WAMU score went dow at the same time to 615 ??

They pull from EX and I understand they use bank enhanced but 615 is Not enhanced from 652. Any of your advice or input is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: WAMU Scores

Hummm ... I've been with Wamu for a couple of months now, and haven't received but one score, from back in May.  What the heck????   Perhaps they generate their own scores, too?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I'm confused, for sure.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My WAMU PFICO has not updated since May....I like my real FICO's better anyway....
Message 4 of 16
drmom

my wamu says it's updated from transunion, but it does update EVERY month Smiley Happy from what i can tell, it seems to be a FAKO score though--as my FICO and wamu's score have never agreed. hope that helps! dr. mom
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drmom wrote:
my wamu says it's updated from transunion, but it does update EVERY month Smiley Happy from what i can tell, it seems to be a FAKO score though--as my FICO and wamu's score have never agreed. hope that helps! dr. mom

It's not a FAKO, It's called a PFICO - It's a real FICO score that is used for credit card scoring. Just like there is one that is Auto enhanced for buying cars, this one is enhanced for credit card scoring.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PFICO is up 40 points.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent them an email note kindly stating the differences in the scores. Will see what happens.

Peace and thanks for the input.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened WaMu in May and just got my PFico score. It was pulled on 7/1/07 but just appeared on my account today or couple of days ago.

Fako TU 578
PFICO TU 552

It will probably go down even more because i have opened alot of new accounts recently.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankcard-enhanced doesn't necessarily mean higher, it means there is more focus on bankcard accounts/history/payments. In general, if the bankcard-related areas of your credit are stronger than the other areas of your credit, the PFICO score will be higher than the Classic score. If the bankcard-related areas are weaker than the other areas, the PFICO score will be lower. Also, negative bankcard-related aspects are probably weighted much more heavily in calculating the PFICO score - bankcard changes that only ding your Classic score 5 or 10 points might ding your PFICO score 20 or 30 points, etc. My guess is that the Industry Option scores (auto-enhanced, bankcard-enhanced) are probably more volatile than the Classic scores.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.