Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU and CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU and CLI's

I've had my WAMU card since November 06 have paid on time and more than minimum Utilization is around 40% right now on a $750 CL. My question is about when I might see some Love from WAMU and get a CLI?.  Anyone with any feedback would be appreciated, was also wondering can or do I call them and ask or sit and wait?.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WAMU and CLI's

I would call them and ask!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani, Now will they do a hard pull or soft? and can any customer service rep. do this or do I ask for an underwriter?. I know I could probably find the answer by searching forums but I'm lazy. Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

YMMV with Wamu know one knows why they do what they do. Run the card up PIF ,use intelligently, it doesn't seem to matter since they have no discernible pattern in their CLI's. Good luck, I just got the card for the free PFICO. Hope you're not really counting on it to be a big part of your stable.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my WAMU VISA in September 06. Perfect payment record. I called them last month and politely asked what their CLI policy was. I was told they review on a regular basis for CLI's and it happens automatically...yada yada yada...When I checked my online statement the next week..I had gotten a CLI...double what I had previously...and then I got a letter confirming in the mail...so never hurts to ask.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No WAMU isn't only card I got......I recently went on a CC spree (3 Months ago),  and now got 8 and a store card and a re-finance and a personal loan. Thought that would totally tank my scores but it didn't. But I thought I read somewhere usually after 6 Months of on time payments that a person generally got a CLI but was really unsure of whether I needed to initiate it or if CC company did it out of the kindness of their hearts. I'll try the phone call and see if I get lucky thanks for reply's.
Message 6 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No WAMU isn't only card I got......I recently went on a CC spree (3 Months ago), and now got 8 and a store card and a re-finance and a personal loan. Thought that would totally tank my scores but it didn't. But I thought I read somewhere usually after 6 Months of on time payments that a person generally got a CLI but was really unsure of whether I needed to initiate it or if CC company did it out of the kindness of their hearts. I'll try the phone call and see if I get lucky thanks for reply's.

Definitely call but they are all over the place. Congrats on all the new cards.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

dekrist wrote:
I've had my WAMU card since November 06 have paid on time and more than minimum Utilization is around 40% right now on a $750 CL. My question is about when I might see some Love from WAMU and get a CLI?.  Anyone with any feedback would be appreciated, was also wondering can or do I call them and ask or sit and wait?.

I have a wamu card and never been late.  I have received 3 cli with 2 of them being ones of 1000 & 15000.  Both times occured when I had to charge 450 - 550 on it.  What I did is when my statement came I paid 100.00 payment then the following month paid the rest and then they gave me the increase.  I didnt do that for that reason but thats what happened.  I'm willing to bet if you make a 200.00 payment toward your balance you'll have a chance
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.