Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU not reporting to Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU not reporting to Experian

I have an issue where my WAMU credit card has never been reported to Experian, and is consequently pulling down my Experian score.  Initially it only showed up on Transunion, but I filed a dispute with Equifax, and it started being reported there correctly.  I called Experian to file a dispute, and they told me I needed to contact washington mutual.  I sent a dispute to WAMU and received a reply saying that I was correct and the information would be corrected; but it continued to not appear on the Experian report.  I then called WAMU, and they told me that I would need to file *another* dispute about them not correctly resolving the first dispute.  I did this, again receiving an exact copy of the original letter saying that I was right, and that it would be corrected.  Surprise, surprise, it still didn't get fixed.  I then filed a dispute with Experian as a last resort, and received a response from them simply stating that it wasn't their fault, and that WAMU probably doesn't report to them.  (which they do).  I don't know what I can do now to move this forward.  What is my next step?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WAMU not reporting to Experian

You have to keep trying with WaMu. EX doesn't know what's supposed to be reported if nobody is reporting (WaMu).
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What line of redress do I have though?  Obviously I'm not having much luck with WaMu, and I expect things to only get more complicated as, as of today the accounts are now officially chase accounts.

Message 3 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

You have to escalate this past the front line CSR. You need to speak with their supervisor, their supervisor's supervisor, or beyond that. I would also send them a copy of both letters stating the same thing and highlight the dates. Don't keep running in circles playing the same old game.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
DST
Valued Member

I am in the same boat right now with WAMU not reporting to equifax...however, WAMU does report to experian because they are on my credit report.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.