cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

I just discovered a monthly charge for ATHOMEREWARDS (telephone 800-511-0046) on my credit card. A $1 charge and a $13.95 charge. If you use TransUnion's TrueCredit, or if you ever bought your credit report or anything from TransUnion, check your credit card statements carefully and immediately.

If you got stung, call and cancel right away, ask for a refund for all the charges, get a corporate address, get a rep's name and confirmation number. Go to your bank or call your CCC, and file a fraud report or whatever they wanna call it. Be persistent.

Apparently, in signing up for TransUnion's TrueCredit, they sold my wife's info and a membership to a company called ATHOMEREWARDS. Apparently there are several websites which are all similar, and I'm not sure which one is the real one. They didn't sting me, only my wife. Not sure why. We both signed up for TC about the same time. Don't know what was different.

Here's the corporate address they gave me:
9500 W Dodge Road
Omaha, NE 68114
800-511-0046

I called to cancel, and they are refunding last 2 months. Going over to the bank and filing a fraud report, or whatever the heck they call it. After that, BBB, FTC, Washington state AG (where I am), Nebraska state AG (where they are), and I'm not sure who else is gonna be hearing from me. Both TU and ATHOMEREWARDS are gonna get talked about.

I made an inquiry with the Nebraska Secretary of State's office to find out whether they are licensing and/or registered to do business in Nebraska. Couldn't find anything on them at BBB, but the BBB website appears to be flaking out right now.

TU took the bull by the horns on this one.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

Thanks for the headsup...I'll be checking my bank statement!
Message 2 of 27
Jacque383
Regular Contributor

I signed up the day before yesterday....They charged me one charge of $ 13.70 and it shows as Truecredit and that's it....

When I pull the receipt it shows as $11.21, but balance is $13.70. I'm assuming it's the tax.

Message 3 of 27
Pants
Regular Contributor

Lane Bryant is famous for that.. If you order anything from that website.. They have a rewards program simular to what you were talking about. The box is automatically checked by default when you place your order. You need to uncheck the box to not sign up for it. Hopefully Lane Bryant no longer does that.. its been a few years since I ordered from the website.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made sure to uncheck the box that said I wanted to hear from affiliates or something like that.

But I'll be checking.....thanks!
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

omg  Thank You so much for warning. This is just what I need

I ordered TU & put it on a CC that I have already demanded acc.changed due to fraud charges. I can just see CC believing me now.IF im charged.

OK just checked.so far just TU $14.95

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-25-2007 01:14 PM
Message 6 of 27
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

That happened to me awhile ago.  What happened to me, thet said click for a free coupon for home depot, and when you click, you are signing up for a trial program.  I was not happy, when I realized they charged me, and I cancelled and got a refund.  Make sure when you are going to next page online that there is no boxes checked for a trial version of anything or make sure you do not click on anything for something free, because this is how they get you! 
Message 7 of 27
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

sunnyday wrote:

sure you do not click on anything for something free, because this is how they get you! 

TNSTFL

Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jacque383 wrote:
I signed up the day before yesterday....They charged me one charge of $ 13.70 and it shows as Truecredit and that's it....

When I pull the receipt it shows as $11.21, but balance is $13.70. I'm assuming it's the tax.

TrueCredit shows up on my bank statement for $11.21 as:
TRUECREDIT 8004933292

$13.70 is weird. I'd call 'em.

This At Home Rewards showed up as:
ATHOMEREWARDS+ 800-511-0046

I'm getting a $13.95 charge and then a $1.00 charge a few days later for ATHOMEREWARDS. Search for those dollar amounts as well.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jacque383 wrote:

That happened to DW and others - it's a glitch, completely different than the fraudulent ATHOMEREWARDS charge. The extra $2.49 is not tax (20%+ tax would be a bit much anyway). If you call TC, they will refund the overcharge.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.