Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

I just called and they refunded me the $2.49....He said that going through the walmart site if you click on other types of services they will charge you...
 
Anyway, mine is all taken care of...took 1/2 hour on the phone for $2.49, but I guess it adds up over a 12 month period...lol
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎06-16-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

When you go to update your report you first get directed to a screen offering you a $25 coupon, THAT IS ATHOMEREWARDS! This is hardly fraud, just click on the button that says no thanks instead and you won't be signing up for any of these gimmicks.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 131
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

It seems everyone is always offering other services now-a-days...I've accidentally signed up for stuff before without realizing it.
 
Anyway, I was wondering what athomerewards was (I'm always looking for deals on home decor...)...
 
This is what came up.....seems to be something that others have been complaining about...
 
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!



db23 wrote:
When you go to update your report you first get directed to a screen offering you a $25 coupon, THAT IS ATHOMEREWARDS! This is hardly fraud, just click on the button that says no thanks instead and you won't be signing up for any of these gimmicks.


So click the wrong button and TU sends your name and CC info to a third party. Certainly smacks of deceptive practices.
 
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎06-16-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!



Noah_Bodie wrote:


db23 wrote:
When you go to update your report you first get directed to a screen offering you a $25 coupon, THAT IS ATHOMEREWARDS! This is hardly fraud, just click on the button that says no thanks instead and you won't be signing up for any of these gimmicks.


So click the wrong button and TU sends your name and CC info to a third party. Certainly smacks of deceptive practices.





Deceptive practices? ABSOLUTELY I will agree with that. But they likely got all of their overpaid lawyers in a room and had them devise a plan to make it as deceptive as possible without actually being fraud...

Just another reason to use Privacy Matters or Chase IP instead of going directly through TC. CS from AMEX is better than all of them anyway IMHO.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

If anyone gets stung on something like this, I would suggest contacting the FBI's Internet fraud department. Wish I had the link handy, but it wasn't that hard to find with Google when I used it a couple years ago.
 
Long story short, some co-workers and myself were buying identical items from an ebay seller (all on one order, mine). The cost was $10 per person and the total was $50.  Never got the items, only had a bit of contact before she stop talking.
 
Ebay was no help, so i went looking for help elsewhere. Found the FBI Internet fraud link and filed a report.  It must have been a year later, a representative from the San Diego prosecuters office contacted me for more information. Another year later, they contacted me again asking where a restitution check could be sent.  We got all our money back, which I returned to everyone else even though they weren't worrying about it.  I wasn't worried about the money as much as it ticked me off that this slimeball thought she could pull a stunt like this and get away with it. Turns out she had hit a few people, and some for decent amounts.  The best thing that came out of the whole thing is a letter from the prosecutors office. It was several pages long and detailed her sentencing. I still have that letter, and reading it reminds me that there is some justice out there.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!



db23 wrote:

Deceptive practices? ABSOLUTELY I will agree with that. But they likely got all of their overpaid lawyers in a room and had them devise a plan to make it as deceptive as possible without actually being fraud...


In some states, deceptive practices can run afoul of the law.
 
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!



KevKaos wrote:
If anyone gets stung on something like this, I would suggest contacting the FBI's Internet fraud department. Wish I had the link handy, but it wasn't that hard to find with Google when I used it a couple years ago.


Excellent idea! Thanks. Trained investigators with guns climbing in their backside.
 
Established Contributor
Posts: 570
Registered: ‎05-02-2007
0

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

Thanks for letting us know - I was charged the $13.70 via Walmart website the first month, and last month it was the right amount - I'll let it go so long as it doesn't show up again - I don't feel like waiting 20 to 30 min for $2.49 (even though money is money I know).
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.