Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEST ASSET MANAGEMENT (Collection)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WEST ASSET MANAGEMENT (Collection)

Hello forum members,
Has anyone had to deal with west asset management a collection company.
I had an unpaid  phone bill that they were assigned or purchased to collect. I wrote a letter to them asking to settle for less than full amount. They agreed to take lessor amount but still reported my credit to the bureaus as a paid collection (settled less than full balance). I contacted them and asked could i pay for deletion and they said that the client at&t does not allow deletions. I have been disputing it as innaccurate through a law firm that specializes in credit disputes. but to no avail. they keep coming back as debt is verified. I had not known about this site prior to offering to settle with them. If i had known what i know now i would have asked for debt validation before offering to settle.This negative is listed to stay on my reports until 2013. THis is the only negative on my reports since my chap 13 filed in 2002 discharged in dec 2004. Is there a way to get this to fall off before then.
It has not stopped me from getting 4 unsecured credit cards. but it has kept my ficos from moving up.
My creditors see that remarks by that account say customer disputes.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WEST ASSET MANAGEMENT (Collection)

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Just from your post it is evident that the Phone co still owns this debt not the CA.

I would start working on the OC to get it removed-
Start with GW letter.
Then PFD
Then PFB.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy,
thanx for your input, i will put your advice in motion. Is there a format that i could look at to see how a GW letter should be written or should i ask the law firm to send one off for me. After today i believe i can cancel the services of the law firm. they did get two unpaid collections removed but not this paid one.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Links to GW letter in the Credit 101 thread -

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=11303&jump=true
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.