cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WFNNB / Victoria's Secret deletes all lates, marked as NEVER LATE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WFNNB / Victoria's Secret deletes all lates, marked as NEVER LATE!

I had an old account with Victoria's Secret that has been closed but is still reporting as open.
I have had this account since I was 18, so it is reporting as my oldest TL (5 years, I'm only 23 haha)

There were 2 *30 day lates, 2 *60 day lates, and 8 *90+ day lates reporting to EQ, EX,  & TU.
I guess I made the payment right before it charged off, but anyway, it wes listed as a derrogatory and open account on all 3 CRA.

I have been researching the heck out of them online, trying to find addresses to send GW to that seemed to be more successful.  I noticed that a lot of people who had sucessful GW letters were told by WFNNB to dispute online as "never late" and they would verify.

Well, my GW letter I mailed in late July came back denied, stating they couldn't change the data as it compromised credit reporting laws...BS.

So, I figured WHAT THE HECK.  I am going to try to dispute with EX, who loves me lately for some reason, as never late. 

Literally 4 hours later I get the email from experian, status changed to Open/ Current/ Never Late!  I was in total shock!!!

Then I dispute online to EQ via their email form, and over the phone to TU, and low and behold, today, it is an account in good standing on each and every credit report!  Open, Current, Never Late.

So, I am practically crying because I am so happy.

36 lates, GONE!

Next up, PFD my other WFNNB account EXPRESS, which by the way is closed, so this "Never Late"  probably wont work.

Will keep you updated on that one!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WFNNB / Victoria's Secret deletes all lates, marked as NEVER LATE!

Funny thing you should mention VS. I have been going back and forth with you about NCO - that is the CA holding my VS account.

This is from 2001. They are still showing as currently late and sent it to NCO. I just sent a PFD to NCO today.... hope I can GW VS or try the never late dispute.

Although... if I don't do anything... it will fall off soon...
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:
Funny thing you should mention VS. I have been going back and forth with you about NCO - that is the CA holding my VS account.

This is from 2001. They are still showing as currently late and sent it to NCO. I just sent a PFD to NCO today.... hope I can GW VS or try the never late dispute.

Although... if I don't do anything... it will fall off soon...

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!

Just please, if you do get a PFD offer, make sure you have it in writing.
NCO is awful.
And then maybe this little trick will work for VS if it is still listed as open.
Message 3 of 13
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Congrats, meg!Smiley Happy  It feels really good to get some success from those GW's...I'm real interested if you get anywhere with Express.  I received a letter from them stating that they were reporting correctly, but that they were not currently reporting any history of late payments.  Hmmm...I think I will try your suggestion of deleting online and see where I get.  Thanks for the info!Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot, meg!-

I disputed online with Equifax-about 5 days later I see that all 3 bureaus are reporting my Express account with NO LATES!!  2 30's and 2 60's deleted from each account!!  Yay!!Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by honeybrook1 on 09-02-2007 02:23 PM

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great for you!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 13
sl
Established Contributor

Congrats. If the card is still open, call them and ask for a CL increase. They have been very generous with me.
Message 7 of 13
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Oh-I didn't even think of that!  Thanks, sl!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
sl
Established Contributor

You're welcome. I have always had success with my card. I was late one time and called them and they did not report my late.
Message 9 of 13
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

That's pretty cool...I wish more of them were like that, i.e., Spiegel and Ford Credit in my case.Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.