Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT A FEELING!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHAT A FEELING!

Wow, Congrats! That's a big improvement in just a short period of time!  
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.  i first started watching my scores in april of 06....at the time i was in the 400's due to a bunch of baddies that happened in '99-'01, right after i got divorced.  from february of '01 forward i picked up a few subprime ccs, rehabbed my student loans and got an auto loan in '05  (at a horrible 18%, but now refied at a bearable 8.75), no lates on anything but 40-50% utilizations on the revolving credit.  i thought that alone would put me over the top.  when i checked my scores in 06 (after 5-6 years of good management), i was shocked to see that i was in the 400's.  within the past year, all of the baddies except for 6-7 fell off.  these 6-7 will be off by january 08.  i am hoping for a few jumps each month up to january '08.  the bad thing is that i did not know that i needed to have my utilizations between 1-9% and that i needed to have some more positive tl's.  sooo, last week i added some revolving accts--i am going to set them up to autopay some small monthly recurring bills, then set up my debit card to autopay the revolving accts off right after they report each month.  i am expecting an inital drop with the new accts, but hopefully they will start looking good by jan '08 when i have NO baddies on my report.  YAY!

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  There is a definite change in my attitude now that I've gotten to the point where I can actually get a new car and a credit card and let's not forget actually answer the phone.   I think the biggest thing the improvements have helped me with is knowing that I have control over my life, my finances and what I do with them.  I always avoided knowing how bad my credit score was, how much I owed and how much worse my avoidance was making it.  Now that I know my situation inside and out, I can deal with it much more appropriately.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgot to mention that i recently had a significant drop in score on equifax (around 50 points) and am waiting for the same to happen with other two cra's. i believe this was due to being slammed onto a different scorecard (as nothing changed on my report).  that is what brought me to these forums.  if not for the helpful advice here, i probably would have said screw it and given up on monitoring and repairing my credit!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

well said, princess.  congrats on your escape from the black hole!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.