Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT CAN I DO? Creditor submitted report on account under investigations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT CAN I DO? Creditor submitted report on account under investigations

I have an account that is under investigations  from( at my request) was victim of identity and fraud. They filled it on my monthly report and shows I am at like 300% over my max limit. Droppped my score over 150 points. What can I do?  Can I sue them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: WHAT CAN I DO? Creditor submitted report on account under investigations

Under ivestigation by whom?

A creditor can report if they do not believe their reporting is inaccurate, regardless of whether it is later shown to be inaccurate.

Identity theft is an allegation until proven, so the fact that it is being investigated does not preclude a good faith reporting.

In distinction, the block of information from your credit report CAN be done based only an assertion without factaul proof provided the consumer is willing to put that assertion into the form of a sworn statement before a law endorcement agency. 

Thus, they dont need proof to report provided they are not factually aware that it is not your account, and you dont need facts to get it blocked from your credit report

Message 2 of 4
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

If I were in your shoes I would contact my other creditors and let them know that I was a victim of identity theft. I would have them notate this on my accounts in the event they SP my reports and see that huge score drop. Get ahead of the train not behind it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

File Identity theft police report & identify that account as fradulent. Send report & dispute to creditor. If they cant prove its you they have to remove it. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.