Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT DEPARTMENT DO YOU ASK FOR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT DEPARTMENT DO YOU ASK FOR?

If I wanna try to see if I can get something changed to just "Paid off" instead of having the "collection" part in it, what department would I call? Thanks peeps Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHAT DEPARTMENT DO YOU ASK FOR?

send them a PFD letter found in the forums never talk to them over the phone
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then perhaps I'm confused about PFD. What exactly are you paying them for if the account, years ago went to collection and you paid it off. Or you had one late 30 day payment and then the account was paid off in full. Is the PFD an extra amount like $25 (or whatever) that you're paying them to delete it from your report?
Message 4 of 7
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
send them a PFD letter found in the forums never talk to them over the phone

If you have this on your credit report twice (once with CC company, once with a collections agency), which one do you send the letter to? If you send to the agency and they agree to it, would that delete the listing from the original CC company?
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Then perhaps I'm confused about PFD. What exactly are you paying them for if the account, years ago went to collection and you paid it off. Or you had one late 30 day payment and then the account was paid off in full. Is the PFD an extra amount like $25 (or whatever) that you're paying them to delete it from your report?

FICO forum veterans--it sounds like hipgal is talking about paid accounts--should she be looking at GW's instead? not sure I'm reading the posts correctly
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's what I mean, sorry if I was vague guys. All my old accounts are paid. They just have the stickler of "collection" on it, I think that's what makes it negative.  I think if it said paid off, that dang gum little red negative flag would go away (of course I could be wrong there) LOL Smiley Very Happy Just tryin' do whatever I can to get the negatives off. I'll try a GW letter.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.