Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE FICO GAME?????????

tag
chozyn1
Valued Member

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE FICO GAME?????????

What exactly is the fico game i have been reading about on this forum? I would love to know how to play this game so well so that next year when me and dh are applying for our mortage we can be okay. Also does anyone have any advise about joint applictions when getting married if either one have low scores, or apply individually and get all you can with the high scores? Right now im in the mid 600s but i have a fraud alert on file at all 3 credit bureaus and cant apply for anything online. should i get the alert lifted so i can get pre approved for credit now??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
positronicshell
New Contributor

Re: WHAT EXACTLY IS THE FICO GAME?????????

the game.
gw +/or pfd +/or correct any incorrect information on your credit reports.
keep utilization on your cc's to 1-9%.
pif all cc's each month.
pay all your bills on time.
always.
never ever be late.

as for fraud alerts, there is no need to remove the fraud alert to gain access to credit.
only difference is they will have to call + verify information with you before granting you said credit.
i prefer it this way actually.
so i don't have to pay so much money to constantly monitor my reports as the fraud alerts do that for me in a way....

good luck with your plans.

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 2 of 6
chozyn1
Valued Member

thank you for the advise, but about the fraud alert, how do they help as far as the credit watching because i still get a report about once a month for updates. with a fraud alert, do the cb's send letters as far as any updates?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Fraud Alert prevents a lender from extending credit before "Verifying the Identity" of the person applying for credit.
Message 4 of 6
chozyn1
Valued Member

yeah like i applied for a walmart card online and i was denied because it said unable to verify identity, but they never called to verify.Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That almost happened to me with Kay's.
I had to be proactive and call and talk directly to the credit dept.

My FA is off now though.

@chozyn1 wrote:
yeah like i applied for a walmart card online and i was denied because it said unable to verify identity, but they never called to verify.Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.