Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

tag
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I have received responses back from EXP, regarding this junk loan guy who is basically lying not basically but is. I have sent them proof of the original loan documents (copies with a notary) and they tell me it's been verified. I knew this would happen, because the loan junker told me that's what he would do. So my question is should I dispute the DOFD again? Because that's my biggest issue he's lying about the DOFD and and when I actually got the loan which was in 1997. I'm thinking about just filing a case in court and forcing this idiot to prove these claims he's making, but I want to make sure I am going down the right road.

Also, I have absolutely no credit with Transunion or EXQ now except for those paid Tax liens, no score, will my student loan (which I am now paying) help bring my scores for those two up? Funny enough my score with EXP went from 531 to 578? Well those may be fako scores, but this is odd to me considering the same info is still there. Except for the "paid" on the tax liens.

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Wow all these looks but no response, I hope SmartCookie is around, because I'd really appreciate some insight. Not even trying to be rude or impatient just really need some help here.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you DV them????   That is the first step!
Message 3 of 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I've already DV them CMRR etc and all that, this is the only response I'm waiting back for. This guy I believe is refusing to respond to them on the DV, at least thats the feeling I get because they are telling me in the latest letter they need 15 more days? Can they do this or should I fight them on it and make them remove it? I just need to know who to fight and how. It costs me nothing to walk to the courts and file paperwork JUST to get this junker to respond.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are you dealing with a JDB agency or a JBD lawyer?

If a lawyer (and since you have proof) file a complaint with the state bar in your state and his (also treat him as a CA since even a lawyer is subject to the same provisions as a CA).  IF just a JDB (also do this if a lawyer) - file complaints with both your and his state AGs along with the FTC. Contact naca.org for a lawyer and sue him (I think the wrong DOFD and intentionally chaning info is a $2500 hit not just the $1K plus attorney fees).

Send him a letter that this is your intention - he may take it off.  In the letter give him 2 BUSINESS days from receipt to remove or you will proceed.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

He does NOT get an extra 15 days - only the 30 under code.  ITS him on day 35.
Message 6 of 7
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

That's what I thought @ the 15 days. He's definitely not a lawyer, he's just a JDB period, and a slimy one at that. I will do exactly as you state. This is what I wanted to know if I should do because this is so frustrating to have him lie like this. Also he pulls my credit using some auto finance company.

Thanks Lady Scarlett I will do all of this today!

I have proof of my original loan thanks to my doctor who I took the loan out to pay, he had a copy I am SO grateful to have that proof. The loan is definitely from 1997 the only thing I don't have proof of is when it actually went delinquent, it started out as 7K, but I paid it down to $4K, and the real bummer here is my father settled with the original creditor and this guy is still trying to get money out of me for something already settled and paid. I have proof of this too! I don't know how he got the loan, it's all a sham. And it only shows on my EXP report none of the others have it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.