Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT?! **stomping my feet**cursing @EQ**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHAT?! **stomping my feet**cursing @EQ**

Not just the BK but also the AGE on your accounts could have re-bucketed you... over 2 years major hurdle - over 5 another...another at 7 ETC
Message 11 of 25
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Lady_Scarlet!  Well, what can I expect now?  I really need my scores up in 2 months!!  We qualify, now....but, the best rates are what we are after!

After the re-bucket happens, I heard it is S  L  O  W moving and an uphill struggle!!  Are we doomed?

TIA
takin' it one day at a time
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also seen delays in the real FICO coming though - 3 days

I also believe that UTL is NOT a pure snapshot -
Message 13 of 25
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Timothy...this was EQ SW.  So, isn't that the real deal?  Are you giving me hope?Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@sunrise wrote:
Timothy...this was EQ SW. So, isn't that the real deal? Are you giving me hope?Smiley Happy

sunrise, since you have SW, is it from EQ or from FICO? I have SW from FICO, and I got this jolly announcement:
Changes to your credit report

Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:

* You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future.
This is the official announcement of re-bucketing in EQ from FICO. I don't know if you get this with the SW directly from EQ, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 25
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Hauling...here is what I got!

________________________________________________________________________________     

Explanation of Score Change

Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:

There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.
            ____________________________________________________________________________
              NOTHING INCREASED!!  As a matter of fact EVERYTHING decreased!!  And, nothing is any different today than last week other than balances paid down to 3%
              What is the change on my report...shouldn't I have gotten an alert if a neg. reported?
                So, does this mean I wasn't re-bucketed???  My SW is from www.equifax.com
                  Thanks!!
                Message 16 of 25
                haulingthescoreup
                Moderator Emerita

Well, I'm nonplussed. I got both those comments, and I just edited out the one about maybe your balance increased (which it hadn't.) Gotta confess, I'm stumped!

Note: After looking again: since you subscribe to EQ instead of FICO for your SW, maybe you don't get the bucketing alerts. After all, this is a FICO phenomenon --it's not your reports, it's how you're being scored. So maybe you were re-bucketed after all? Smiley Tongue
                * Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
                FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
                Message 17 of 25
                sunrise
                Frequent Contributor

Hmmmmm...I also have myfico SW, and have never received an alert...ever!  Dunno why?  I have had the SW from myfico for about a month now!  I have had SW from EQ for 2 years and was going to cancel after I got it from myfico, just never did.....maybe I shouldn't cancel EQ, at least it's doin' somethin'! 

What do you think now?  Why me?  At such a crucial point in my life?  GEEEZ

TIA
                Message 18 of 25
                haulingthescoreup
                Moderator Emerita

Well, I'm stumped! Smiley Tongue

FWIW, my scores recovered within about 3 weeks, and then took off. If you can stall anything that you have coming up, you might be OK. It felt like an eternity at the time, but when I look back on it, it wasn't that bad! I also made sure that util was very low, only one or two cards reporting, etc.

I wish you luck! Crappy timing...
                Message 19 of 25
                sunrise
                Frequent Contributor

Hauling....I have 2 months...so, I can handle the 3 weeks or so!  Thanks so much for your help...I will keep you posted on this saga!Smiley Wink

BTW...I have only 2 lines reporting 3% the others(4) are pd to 0.  We'll see what happens!!
                Message 20 of 25
                Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.