Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHEN I APPLIED FOR CREDIT AT THE STORE THEY WANTED MY VISA CARD WHY/

tag
liz9100
Regular Contributor

WHEN I APPLIED FOR CREDIT AT THE STORE THEY WANTED MY VISA CARD WHY/

WHY ARE THEY ASKING FOR MY VISA TO APPLY FOR CREDIT AT THE STORE. I WAS TOLD THEY USE IT FOR INFORMATION ON HOW I PAY ON THE CARD. SHOULD I PAY OFF THAT CARD. ALSO CAN I USE ONE AM AN AUTHORIZED USER ON TO GET A BETTER SHOT? ALSO WHAT ABOUT ME BEING NEW ON THE CARD.
Everyone above 610...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHEN I APPLIED FOR CREDIT AT THE STORE THEY WANTED MY VISA CARD WHY/

I have never heard of that before. When you ask for a CC  they always do a hard pull & get all that info..........speaking for myself I think i would run the other way OR  check and see if you can apply online.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lane Bryant and their family of catalogs(RedCatUSA), ask for a major credit card when applying for one of their charge cards. The way I understand it, that is one of their requirements that you must have a major valid charge card in order to obtain one of their cards, regardless of how perfect your credit is.

I just wonder if they don't put the major credit card on as a backup source of payment. Have never read all the fine print or bothered because I do not have a major credit card.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's standard operating procedure for stores like Macys. They cross reference your report when you app and compare it to the card you present. Don't know why they do it. ID/security issue?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree llecs. When I asked for a cli at approval, they asked me for a major cc also.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.