Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu Checking

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

WaMu Checking

So, Wamu is still offering the Free Checking with the nice 3% online savings account.  I would like to get it because there are absolutely no fees except overdraft fees, and no minimum balance requirements or direct deposit requirements or any requirements like other banks make.  I'm thinking maybe it will be and account type that will be grandfathered into Chase whenever it becomes CHase officially so I can have my free checking for life.  I almost hit submit to open the account, but I hit cancel and decide to ask whether or not they pull a hard because of this paragraph:

• I authorize and consent to WaMu obtaining credit reports in connection with this transaction, using the information to evaluate my application, for consideration of other accounts and services, and any other lawful purpose.
  •  

I didn't like it.  Is it a hard or a soft?  I hate how banks don't spell it out for you whether or not this means a hard or soft, just leaving it vauge.  Obtaining could mean hard or soft.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
    Message 1 of 6
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: WaMu Checking

They never have pulled my reports. They use Chexsystems.
    Message 3 of 6
    5 REPLIES 5
    laz98
    Senior Contributor

I'm not sure.  Personally I have never had a hard pull associated with opening a checking account.
    Message 2 of 6
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

Message 3 of 6
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

torry209 wrote:

Ditto.

Message 4 of 6
    Anonymous
    Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here
    Message 5 of 6
    heirophant
    Established Contributor

I'll open it, then.  Thanks everyone.
    Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
    Message 6 of 6
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.