Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WaMu says NO to GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WaMu says NO to GW

I posted my letter the the president of WaMu Homeloans regarding a mortgage that the ex let go to pot. Explained situation - that the divorce judge would NOT make the ex refi- and that I did not know anything about the status of the loan until I was served with a foreclosure lawsuit.
Got a call from the legal department wanting me to fax my divorce decree and my credit report so they could investigate. Well, got the reply today.

Shame on me for ever signing a joint loan with my husabnd! I should have known better! My attorney should have advised me that this would happen! I am an idoit and they don't help idiots!

They state that they don't abide by judge's rulings. Ok, fine. THEN WHY DID YOU WANT ME TO FAX IT??? They don't consider divorces in these situations. Ok, fine. WHY DID YOU HAVE ME FAX THE DECREE???

They are ever so sorry for any inconvenience they have caused me. Yeah. Like the time it took me to dig out all the papers they wanted, and the time it took me to fax all the papers they wanted. I am inclined to write a short little reply, including my sentiments that they will NEVER get my business again. And by the way - please cancel my WaMu credit card, jerks.

Hey, I understand if it's their policy to report accounts to the bitter end. I'm just saying don't ask people to provide paperwork that is not going to change their minds. What a waste of time and energy!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WaMu says NO to GW

Your situation is a tough one Tex but they could have just said no period and then you had no chance to have it removed. At least it looks like they attempted to consider your request.

There is only one person you should be upset with and fortunately for you he is out of your life even if he has hurt you again. I feel for you and wish you well. There is always a chance to dispute the account at a later date and possibly have it removed. I know there is a dispute box on TU that would cover your situation. Just keep your head up, what's going to happen is out of your control now.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 wrote:
Your situation is a tough one Tex but they could have just said no period and then you had no chance to have it removed. At least it looks like they attempted to consider your request.

There is only one person you should be upset with and fortunately for you he is out of your life even if he has hurt you again. I feel for you and wish you well. There is always a chance to dispute the account at a later date and possibly have it removed. I know there is a dispute box on TU that would cover your situation. Just keep your head up, what's going to happen is out of your control now.

I'm not upset that WaMu denied my request. I'm upset that they requested specific documentation, and then said they don't acknowledge the very same. It was a waste of time -  they never intended to make an adjustment and it would have been better to have been upfront about it.
And unfortunately -  when you have a kid with someone, he (or she) is never out of your life. But at least his money problems will be in 5 years when his junk falls off my CRs.
It's not a major deal - I just hate for people to waste my time...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm finding out that a lot of what happens seems to depend on who handles your case at the companies.  It's not as black and white, as I thought it was. 

Who knows. The person who asked you to send the documentation might have tried to take it to their supervisor and got turned down.  The fact that they even looked into giving it to you is a plus from the way I see it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.