Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wachovia and multiple hard inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wachovia and multiple hard inquiries

Hello! Thanks for the wealth of valuable information everyone provides on this board! It has answered alot of my questions and has put me on the right track to credit success.

Now for my problem...in December I opened a checking and savings account with Wachovia. I knew a credit report (hard inquiry) would be pulled..not a big deal. Or so I thought. Looking at my credit report, they pulled FOUR reports from Equifax on 12/01/07, 12/05/07, 12/12/07, and 12/17/07! The initial opening date is 12/01/07 and I don't dispute that. Question is can I dispute the other dates? And with whom would I dispute? Equifax or Wachovia?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wachovia and multiple hard inquiries

In my experience, it's been fruitless to dispute Inq with the CRAs. Better to go into Wachovia and ask why so many hards, then ask to have them recoded as soft.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Are you sure they are hard inquiries? Could they be soft or promo inquiries? EQ lists both while MyFICO only lists hard inquiries.
Message 4 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Our bank pulled two hards for a checking....I asked ex to delete one and poof it was gone!
Message 5 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

labs, I would start with Wachovia and then to the CRA, if that doesn't work. If they are promotional inqs (softs), you will usually see PRM Wachovia (or something similar to that).

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

llecs,

Yes I'm sure they are hard inquiries...it was indicated on my report and a loan officer also brought it up.

I'll check with Wachovia and see what they say.

Thanks!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go to the Wachovia site you can download a dispute form and send it are fax it back to them. Worked for me
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, but I'm having trouble locating the form on the Wachovia website, even after doing several searches...
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.