Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wacky credit sesame scores

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Wacky credit sesame scores

@gdale6 wrote:

I burned Credit Sesame when they forced me to switch to TU, dont need em, CK has the same info.

Agree.  But thread not part of credit cards?

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I burned Credit Sesame when they forced me to switch to TU, dont need em, CK has the same info.

Agree.  But thread not part of credit cards?

Youre right, slipped my mind.

Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know credit sesame scores are a little higher than normal. 

Do not simply assume that one scoring model has a fixed offset from another.  If the algorithms differ then the results will differ meaning that the difference can vary and even the direction of score changes can vary.  As always, do not rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  If you want to know your score for a given model then you need to obtain that specific score.

@Anonymous wrote:

No new inquires or cards, or anything.

Those aren't the only factors that affect score.  In order to determine the cause of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the change.  If CS changed the CRA used to generate the score as some have suggested above that would definitely have an impact as well unless your reports for the 2 CRA's were identical.  You'd have to confirm, again, with before and after comparisons.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.