Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait time for FICO score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait time for FICO score.

I'm in the process of paying off all my credit cards before being pre-approved for a loan. Is there a length of time I should wait for my my FICO score to increase before getting a pre-approval? In other words, how long would it take for my FICO score to increase after I pay off my credit cards. I've heard 6 Months, 2-3 Months, and 1 week.I'm in the process of paying off all my credit cards before being pre-approved for a loan. Is there a length of time I should wait for my my FICO score to increase before getting a pre-approval? In other words, how long would it take for my FICO score to increase after I pay off my credit cards. I've heard 6 Months, 2-3 Months, and 1 week.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait time for FICO score.

It could take up to 2-3 months for the lower util to show up in your fico scores. It all depends on how long it takes the ccc's to update your accounts.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait until 10 days until after you receive the statement with the updated balances- (this could be 30-40 days) 

Most of them should be updated by then-
call any of them that have not updated- 

I would get a CMS like true credit to monitor your reports-
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am paying down my util and I'm waiting on the credit reports to be updated.  This is a pain waiting on them to update.   Like the previous poster said, sign up for Truecredit or something like that so that you can do daily updates to see which ones have updated the balances.   What I also did was call each creditor and ask what the cycle date was on each one since this is usually when they do their updates.  Then you just have to wait a couple of days from that date for the credit bureaus to actually update it on your file.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.