cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CC + CreditKarma = poor man's TU monitoring service?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart CC + CreditKarma = poor man's TU monitoring service?

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Too bad the CFPB, Card Act, or TILA do not make them provide those scores :-/ lol

worst part is I would pay for it, they don't have to provide it =\

They're losing business here

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 30
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

I do WM TU08 + CK + CS + CI + my free Annual Report. 

The only reason for *me* to buy a report is if I see a violent swing in my score that isn't expected. 

Best part is they're all free services Smiley Very Happy

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 12 of 30
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

I do WM TU08 + CK + CS + CI + my free Annual Report. 

The only reason for *me* to buy a report is if I see a violent swing in my score that isn't expected. 

Best part is they're all free services Smiley Very Happy

CI?   and your missing quizzle Smiley Very Happy and credit.com =)

Message 13 of 30
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Also, don't forget about the free EQ FICO score from DCU.
Message 14 of 30
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Sigh...Also guilty. 

TU: QM, WM, CK

EQ: SW

EX: CS

Not sure why EX doesn't want my money, but I'd pay for my EX scores too. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 15 of 30
guydiver
Established Contributor

EX: credit.com, try this out. It's a free service, not a Fico, but they give you both your "estimated" Fico and Vantage EX scores monthly.

Message 16 of 30
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

Sigh...Also guilty. 

TU: QM, WM, CK

EQ: SW

EX: CS

Not sure why EX doesn't want my money, but I'd pay for my EX scores too. 

Cause EX makes more by misleading millions of people a year with freecreditreport.com freescore.com and millions of sites that provide the Experian Plus score. People think they know their scores, then get declined cause the scores were off and keeps many people who have questionable credit from ever applying for  new lines of credit which helps the banks.

Personally I'm sure they have a deal with eachother, cause there's NO reason besides profit margins that they would NOT sell you your real score. You should be able to go to a bank and request your scores before you have to apply for something. No point in a useless decline or acceptance of bad terms.

They won't sell it to you because more inquries = drop in credit score = better profit margins for the banks or other lending companies is generally all it comes down to. If you don't have your real score then it's easier to create  problems that would make it harder for you to get prime loans. Personally I think every Fako score should be considered fraud unless it boldly state "Scores might not be reflect or match the same scores that the lenders will pull, a Fico score is what most lenders use" and should have a list of every bank or institutions that uses the Experian Plus score if any. I believe FICO should also list all the companies who uses Fico scoring for their risk assement as well, but that's bordering too much on the concept of common sense and a honest business practice. No one wants honesty they just want comforting lies. 

Message 17 of 30
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

CI is Credit Inform - free with my Cap1 secured card. 

And you're right, Quizzle gives a free score every 6 months. 

I don't remember if I have an account at credit.com

going to check now... LOL

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 18 of 30
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

CI is Credit Inform - free with my Cap1 secured card. 

And you're right, Quizzle gives a free score every 6 months. 

I don't remember if I have an account at credit.com

going to check now... LOL

I think you should also add Quizzle is the ONLY 100% site out of everything that gives you a Credit REPORT. minus annualcreditreport.com 

Message 19 of 30
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Didn't know that about Quizzle, I may check it out.  As far as EX goes, the PLUS scoring is a joke, they hype it to sound official, and frankly 10-12 months ago I would have assumed that was my credit score.  Vantage is bad as well, but at least TU gives their FICO in a variety of ways.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.