Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Confusion!-----Shopping Cart Trick Theory

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Confusion!-----Shopping Cart Trick Theory

On Thanksgiving Day I took advantage of Walmart's doorbusters, my total purchase was 245.90. I attempted to do the 6 month special promotion but the cashier had no idea what she was doing. So the following day I contacted Walamart and boom special promotion was added.....logged in to my account the following day CSR added a new charge of 245.90....I called CSR again told them the problem they said they will put it in dispute and it can take up to 60 days. I sat a poundered this for a day or two becuase it didnt make sense, this was a charge that CSR added not an extra swipe. This led me to contact CSR, I asked to speak to a supervisor and the issue was resolved 245.90 was credited back immediately. I log in this morning and now there is two credits that have posted in the amout 245.90 x2. This is my first rodeo with a credit card dispute. Quite strange to me! Is this typical for Synch?

Last night I decided to try the shopping cart trick for giggles. I got the pop up for Sportsman Visa, Venus, Loft, Brylane Home, there was a couple more but I cant rememeber. For some reason I can not get the pop up for Overstock nor Jcrew could this be the result of an Experian soft pull and not Equifax? I have no intent nor any reason to accpect the pre-approvals, however its does cure the app itch. It's just a food for thought!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Confusion!-----Shopping Cart Trick Theory

Did youcheck your Experian report, to see how they have your address? Has to mesh perfectly to get the popup

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have and input it correctly. When I do overstock and jcrew it changes my address to their suggested address maybe thats why? I received a popup back in July for VS which soft pulled my Experian but it did not change the address to suggested address. 

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you have a dispute of a billing issue related to a CC/revolving account, you can dispute under the FCBA as opposed to waiting for negative info to report o a CRA, and then disputing under the FCRA.

FCBA disputes place disclosure requriements on the creditor that are not part of a dispute under the FCRA.

An FCBA disute is, in my opinion, much stronger, but has timeliness issues.

Since your issue is recent, check out the dispute provisions of the FCBA, which are nicely summarized on the FTC web page.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.