Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit App Score

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Walmart Credit App Score

I just applied for a credit card with Walmart and was denied for opening too many credit cards in the past 6 months. Smiley Embarassed  (developing a line of revolving credit as part of my rebuild process)  The letter I received said that they use TU, but said that the score range is from low of 300 to high of 620.  This is not the FICO score range.  I was under the impression that they used your TU FICO score, but apparently not.  There is a 207 point difference between the TU FICO score that I currently have from myFICO.com and the one that Walmart said they pulled for me?? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit App Score

Walmart (GEMB) did pull your TU score and there will a inquiry on your report.  The score they use is there own score.

Message 2 of 5
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@namvet wrote:

Walmart (GEMB) did pull your TU score and there will a inquiry on your report.  The score they use is there own score.

They did report.  I saw that on my TU report today.  I was just confused by the score range.  Do all of the GE credit lines use that score range/process?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@AZHeather wrote:

@namvet wrote:

They did report.  I saw that on my TU report today.  I was just confused by the score range.  Do all of the GE credit lines use that score range/process?

All? I dunno, but most all posts that I studied mentioned that range for a wide array of GECRB products. And yes, the FICO score offered as part of Wal-Mart's service is a FICO (TU08).

Message 4 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@AZHeather wrote:

@namvet wrote:

I'm sure about that.  Someone else may be able to answer that question.

I'm

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.