cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

yes, it shows august 4th and myfico is from today, so thats a two week difference. do you think is possible to lose 60 points in two weeks? i looked at myfico.com report and theres nothing happending that would suggest a 60 drop?

Old Navy: AU $600----------------Walmart(store card): $900 & FICO: 680
Sears Mastercard: AU $300-----TU: FICO 652 April/2012
Emblemcard: $325------------------EQ: FICO 668 April/2012
Discover: $1,000-FICO 695 4/25/12---------Bringing home Amex in 2013!
Cap1: $750 Gardening mode until April 2013
Cap1: $500

Message 151 of 204
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

thanks magic shot! so when i apply for a cc i would just have to hope that the lender pulls the new scoring model and not the old, right?

Message 152 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Unfortunately, folks, I seem to have struck out in my attempts at finding out the version of the TU score being offered through this program.  Sorry I wasn't able to get you this information, though, regardless of the version being provided, it does look like a good deal!

-Barry

Barry,

Here's what forum mumber 720ismygoal just posted:

i just got off the phone with a rep. from myfico.com and she said that walmart may be using a different scoring model to get their fico score. She also said that the true and only fico score is obtain from myfico.com, so that means that my fico score is 592 and not 653 as walmart states. This is bad news, because i thought my fico score was in the 650's like walmart says, but i guess not. I'm not sure if its even worth even looking at that walmart score every month, when it is not a true fico score? :smileysad:

If this Walmart score is not a real  FICO score, albeit a newer/different version, how can they use the term FICO?!?!  And even more confusing, when you get your score from the Walmart, and click for report info, it brings you right here to myfico.com!!  Wouldn't myfico.com have had to agree to that or at least be aware??

What is going on?!?!?!?    Please shed some more light on this!

PS (a problem again with posting!  Showing me with this other name and only 5 posts and I have about 800+ under my usual name.  Not sure how this happens!!)

Message 153 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

@720ismygoal wrote:

thanks magic shot! so when i apply for a cc i would just have to hope that the lender pulls the new scoring model and not the old, right?

@Anonymous, Hard to say, but with utilization around 40% its a bit harder on your score. im @ around 25% and it hit my score pretty good with 115% increase in utilization over the past few month not to mention my AAoA droped a little bit too.

Message 154 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Barry wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Unfortunately, folks, I seem to have struck out in my attempts at finding out the version of the TU score being offered through this program.  Sorry I wasn't able to get you this information, though, regardless of the version being provided, it does look like a good deal!

-Barry

Barry,

Here's what forum mumber 720ismygoal just posted:

i just got off the phone with a rep. from myfico.com and she said that walmart may be using a different scoring model to get their fico score. She also said that the true and only fico score is obtain from myfico.com, so that means that my fico score is 592 and not 653 as walmart states. This is bad news, because i thought my fico score was in the 650's like walmart says, but i guess not. I'm not sure if its even worth even looking at that walmart score every month, when it is not a true fico score? :smileysad:

If this Walmart score is not a real  FICO score, albeit a newer/different version, how can they use the term FICO?!?!  And even more confusing, when you get your score from the Walmart, and click for report info, it brings you right here to myfico.com!!  Wouldn't myfico.com have had to agree to that or at least be aware??

What is going on?!?!?!?    Please shed some more light on this!

PS (a problem again with posting!  Showing me with this other name and only 5 posts and I have about 800+ under my usual name.  Not sure how this happens!!)

It is a FICO just we dont know for sure which FICO scoring model their score is using. They are weighted differently so yeah.

Message 155 of 204
720ismygoal
Regular Contributor

sweet, thanks magic!

Message 156 of 204
rom828
Established Contributor

Signed out and signed back in and looks like corrected itself....still not sure how this happens!!

Sorry for this completely off topic post, but it's disconccerting to see my post with a different name and # of posts!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 157 of 204
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@720ismygoal wrote:

i just got off the phone with a rep. from myfico.com and she said that walmart may be using a different scoring model to get their fico score. She also said that the true and only fico score is obtain from myfico.com, so that means that my fico score is 592 and not 653 as walmart states. This is bad news, because i thought my fico score was in the 650's like walmart says, but i guess not. I'm not sure if its even worth even looking at that walmart score every month, when it is not a true fico score? Smiley Sad

Unfortunately this particular rep is "less than correct". The score offered through Walmart is a TU FICO score but the exact version of the score has not been announced yet.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 158 of 204
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@rom828 wrote:

Signed out and signed back in and looks like corrected itself....still not sure how this happens!!

Sorry for this completely off topic post, but it's disconccerting to see my post with a different name and # of posts!!

Hi rom828,

I will with apologies jack this thread for a sec because of your log on concerns. If you will go to the Technical Help board and give details of your problem they are very good there at diagnosis and cure.

Message 159 of 204
john398
Senior Contributor

my fico uses the 98 scoring model and someone said walmart uses the 04

By the way mine updated today

Message 160 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.